It's time I caught you up on Book Two!
Codex Series Book Two TITLE!
Earlier this year, I finished the first draft of my second book in the Codex series! That's right — The Secret of the Codex has a sequel! Well, it has a second book in the series, which will definitely have a third and possibly a fourth. I'll have to see how the third one plays out...
I thought it was time to get you all up to speed on the title of book 2! It's pretty evocative (in my humble opinion) so I just love it. Ready?
GUYS. AuthorTuber Maverick Moses posted his top five favorite books from 2018—and The Secret of the Codex made the list!!! What?!
(You may remember him from before when he posted a review of The Secret of the Codex and an author interview with yours truly!)
Guess what? I had the pleasure and honor of being interviewed a second time! (Check out my first author interview here!) This time, the fabulous Alyssa Markins conducted the interview and put it on her website — under the heading "Creativity and Coffee." Isn't that awesome?I had so much fun answering all these questions and letting others know about my book!
There are so many cool things about being an author and publishing your book. It's not always easy, but it's definitely worth it — and so fun! So just before The Secret of the Codex launches tomorrow, I thought I'd list a few pretty cool things I've found about releasing my book.
Cool Things About Being an Author
- Setting up your author page on Amazon.com
- Someone putting your book in their TBR pile on Goodreads (actually three someones — check them out at the bottom!)
- Someone actually reviewing your book, and on #authortube, no less!
- And that same person posting the review on his blog, on Goodreads, and on Amazon too!
- Reading all the words of encouragement and support on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Finding your book on Barnes and Noble
- Submitting a guest post and getting it accepted! You know, three times. On Positive Writer, Shayla Raquel's website, and The Write Practice.
- Creating all the book swag and promotional items
- Successfully funding a Kickstarter (still not sure how I pulled that one off — oh wait...only with the help of all my wonderful family and friends!)
- Seeing my name on a book cover (see below)
- Holding my actual book in my hands
- Searching my ISBN and finding out that my book apparently has a Google Books page. I didn't even know this was a thing.
- Getting to plan a launch party that feels a little bit like a baby shower... (for my book baby!)
- But the one thing I'm most proud of, the one thing I can't believe I actually accomplished, was creating this picture.
I know, you just saw the heavens open and heard angels singing, right? Because this is a thing of beauty. Let's just take a moment...Haha, just kidding. (It just took me forever to figure out how to do it and I really wanted it for the launch!)Thought I'd share a lighthearted post about being an indie author before the craziness starts tomorrow. I mean, TOMORROW. IN LIKE 10 MINUTES. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.<3 Melissa