There are so many cool things about being an author and publishing your book. It's not always easy, but it's definitely worth it — and so fun! So just before The Secret of the Codex launches tomorrow, I thought I'd list a few pretty cool things I've found about releasing my book.
Cool Things About Being an Author
- Setting up your author page on Amazon.com
- Someone putting your book in their TBR pile on Goodreads (actually three someones — check them out at the bottom!)
- Someone actually reviewing your book, and on #authortube, no less!
- And that same person posting the review on his blog, on Goodreads, and on Amazon too!
- Reading all the words of encouragement and support on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Finding your book on Barnes and Noble
- Submitting a guest post and getting it accepted! You know, three times. On Positive Writer, Shayla Raquel's website, and The Write Practice.
- Creating all the book swag and promotional items
- Successfully funding a Kickstarter (still not sure how I pulled that one off — oh wait...only with the help of all my wonderful family and friends!)
- Seeing my name on a book cover (see below)
- Holding my actual book in my hands
- Searching my ISBN and finding out that my book apparently has a Google Books page. I didn't even know this was a thing.
- Getting to plan a launch party that feels a little bit like a baby shower... (for my book baby!)
- But the one thing I'm most proud of, the one thing I can't believe I actually accomplished, was creating this picture.
I know, you just saw the heavens open and heard angels singing, right? Because this is a thing of beauty. Let's just take a moment...Haha, just kidding. (It just took me forever to figure out how to do it and I really wanted it for the launch!)Thought I'd share a lighthearted post about being an indie author before the craziness starts tomorrow. I mean, TOMORROW. IN LIKE 10 MINUTES. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.<3 Melissa